Hello Procraftinators! Today, I am going to show you how I made a beautiful Christmas ornament using non-Christmas dies. In my family, handmade Christmas ornaments are a tradition. I have so many Christmas ornaments (almost all handmade) that I had to buy a rotating tree stand for my tree a couple years ago just to fit all my ornaments on the tree. Haha! Yet, I still make and collect more and more every year! I imagine, I will have to get a second tree pretty soon!
Anyways, today's project is featuring Birch Press' Viva Layering Die set. Plus, I used a couple other dies to complete the ornament and one, I think will get you looking at your dies a little differently!
I have prepared a video tutorial for you today.
Here are some more finished project pictures for you.
Here is a supply list for you:
- Birch Press Designs - Viva Layering Dies - A, B & C
- Spellbinders - Nestabilities - Standard Circles, LG - the largest circle in the set
Unfortunately, Dies R Us doesn't carry this set, but you can find more great Spellbinders dies HERE or a similiar product would be the Elizabeth Craft Fitted Circles
- Lawn Fawn - Magic Color Slider Dies - Just the little pull tab reinforcement piece
- Lawn Fawn Trim the Tree Stamp Set
- Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder
- Ranger - Navy Embossing Powder
- Simon Says Stamp Holographic Cardstock
- Paper Accents - Pearlized Cardstock - Powder Blue
- Paper Accents - Pearlized Cardstock - Lapis
- Neenah - Metallic Cardstock - White Gold
If you enjoyed my video/blog post today, I would greatly appreciate it if you followed me on social media.
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
Thanks for stopping by!